Grilled Chicken + Peach BBQ Sauce
This was the second recipe I made from Gwyneth Paltrow’s cookbook, and I loved this dish. I was intrigued with making something with a fresh peach, and this dish was light and delicious. I was then even more sold on cooking more of her recipes, because the few recipes that I tried was exceptional. The adobo sauce fluttered some heat into the bbq sauce, and it was greatly welcomed. The recipe came from her spotlight in Bon Appetit, June 2011.
- 1 cup, chopped + peeled fresh peach or 9-10 oz frozen sliced peaches, thawed + chopped
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 tsp adobo sauce from canned chipotle chiles in adobo [or 1 tsp soy sauce for a non-spicy version]
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- Vegetable oil
- In a small sauce pan, combine the first 5 ingredients. Season with salt and pepper; bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low; simmer until peaches are very soft and flavors meld, about 10 minutes. Remove pan from heat; let cool. Pour peach mixture into a blender and puree until smooth.[Or use an immersion blender and put the mixture in a medium bowl.]
- Place half of the sauce in a medium bowl; add chicken and turn to coat. Let marinade at room temperature for 20 minutes, or cover and chill for up to 8 hours, turning occasionally. Cover and refrigerate the remaining sauce.
- Prepare a grill to medium-high heat, or a grill pan. Brush rack or pan with oil. Grill chicken until browned and almost cooked through, 4-5 minutes per side. Brush on all sides with reserved sauce; grilled until glazed and cooked through, 1-2 minutes per side. Serve with remaining sauce.