Quick appetizer to make, but you have to gather quite a list for this attractive appetizer. Of course, it's so much easier to just go to the store to buy some, but what's better than making it yourself sometimes? Not exactly sure where I got this recipe, but it's somewhere between Everyday Food magazine or Cooking Light. Makes 14 appetizer servings.
- 2 tbsp cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/8 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Dash of ground red pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/2 jar diced pimiento (2oz)
- 1/8 tsp paprika (optional)
- 14 each sliced party-style pumpernickel bread
- Place cream cheese in a medium bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until smooth.
- Stir in mayonnaise, onion, Worcestershire, salt and pepper. Add cheddar cheese, pecans, and pimiento; stir well. Cover and chill up to 3 hours. Sprinkle with paprika, if desired.