Piccata is synonymous with lemony flavors, so whether it's fish or shrimp, the citrusy taste profile is great.
- 1 lb frozen or fresh peeled large shrimp
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp drained capers
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 each garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups cooked rice
- Rinse shrimp, pat dry with paper towels. In a medium bowl, toss shrimp with flour until coated. Set aside.
- For sauce, in a small bowl, stir together wine, lemon juice, capers, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Place butter in a large skillet. Preheat pan over medium-high heat until butter is melted. Stir fry garlic for 15 seconds. Add half of the shrimp to pan. Stir fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until shrimp turn opaque. Remove from pan. Repeat with the remaining shrimp, then remove all shrimp from pan.
- Add sauce to pan. Cook and stir until sauce is bubbly and slightly reduced. Return shrimp to pan. Cook and stir about 1 minute more, or until heated through. Serve immediately over rice.