Spinach + Red Pepper Frittata
From Martha Stewart's Everyday Food magazine, this quick side dish/brunch is full of egg deliciousness.
- 5 large eggs
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup frozen leaf spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- Preheat oven to 400.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, cream, salt, and pepper, beating well. Set aside.
- In a 6-inch ovenproof skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add bell pepper. Cook until browned, 3 to 4 minutes. Add spinach. Cook until heated through, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Pour egg mixture over bell pepper and spinach. Using a wooden spoon, lift edge of cooked eggs, tilting pan so uncooked eggs flow under. Cook until edges are brown and eggs are almost set, approximately 4 minutes. Sprinkle cheese over eggs. Place pan in oven.
- Bake until cheese melts and eggs are completely set, approximately 6 minutes. Remove from pan. To serve, cut into 4 wedges.