TERIYAKI PORK + PINEAPPLE
This Cooking Light grilling recipe takes some time to make (marinating the pork for for 2 hours), but it sure packs a punch with contrasting flavors. Serve with a rice dish.
4 servings (3 kebabs each serving)
- 1/2 cup mirin (sweet rice wine)
- 1/2 cup sake (rice wine)
- 1/4 cup low-medium soy sauce
- 1 lb pork tenderloin, trimmed and cut into 24 pieces
- 24 (1-inch) pieces red onion (about 1 medium)
- 24 (1-inch) cubes pineapple (about 12oz)
- Cooking spray
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a small saucepan; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook until reduced to 2/3 cup (about 10 minutes). Remove from heat; cool completely.
- Combine cooled marinade and pork in a medium bowl. Cover and marinate in refrigerator 2 hours.
- Prepare grill to medium-high heat.
- Remove pork from bowl with a slotted spoon, reserving marinade. Place marinade in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes. Cool slightly.
- Thread 2 pork cubes, 2 red onion pieces, and 2 pineapple cubes alternately onto each of the 12 (8-inch) skewers. Lightly coat kebabs with cooking spray. Place kebabs on a grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 3 minutes on each side or until done, basting frequently with marinade.